It’s about one month that ScottGu and his team have released ASP.NET MVC 1.0 but still there aren’t numerous books on this topic available in the market. As I know by far, these titles are available to purchase: ASP.NET MVC Framework Preview and ASP.NET MVC 1.0 Quickly. I know there are many articles and blog posts containing valuable information and tutorials to start learning ASP.NET MVC but many developers prefer to read books because they are better structured to learn something. From the earlier previews, authors that had been starting to write books on this topic offered some sample chapters to introduce them to the community (and they are still doing) so I decided to list all (or at least most) of them here for a quick access. My list contains both PDF sample chapters as well as link to some authors’ blog posts which contain draft unedited versions of their books:
- Maybe the best and most famous one is Chapter 1 of Professional ASP.NET MVC 1.0 that is written by Scott Guthrie and can be downloaded here. Scott has wrote a blog post on this too.
- Chapter 13 of Professional ASP.NET MVC 1.0: “Best of Both Worlds: Web Forms and MVC Together” can be downloaded from here.
- Chapter 2 of ASP.NET MVC 1.0 Quickly: “Your First ASP.NET MVC Application” can be downloaded from here.
- Chapter 9 of ASP.NET MVC in Action: “AJAX in ASP.NET MVC” can be downloaded from here.
- Chapter 2 of Pro ASP.NET MVC Framework: “Your First ASP.NET MVC Application” can be downloaded from here.
- Chapter 9 of Beginning ASP.NET MVC 1.0: “Testing ASP.NET MVC Applications” can be downloaded found here.
- Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9 from ASP.NET MVC Framework Unleashed as a series of blog posts by Stephen Walther:
- Chapter 1 – An Introduction to ASP.NET MVC
- Chapter 2 – Building a Simple ASP.NET MVC Application
- Chapter 3 – Understanding Controllers
- Chapter 4 – Understanding Views
- Chapter 5 – Understanding Models
- Chapter 6 – Understanding HTML Helpers
- Chapter 9 – Understanding Routing (also a PDF version here, it is a little bit older so it is marked as Chapter 2)
As Wrox has announced, Professional ASP.NET MVC 1.0 is to be published in April and we’re close to see what ASP.NET team have done as a book for ASP.NET MVC developers!